The Hungaria Sport Club that was located in Toronto was founded in 1949. In 1951 they won the Toronto Major League championship. In 1952 they joined the National Soccer League.
The club ran into financial difficulties and suspended operations after the 1975 season. After a one-year leave of absence they were replaced in the National Soccer League by Mississauga Hungaria in 1977.