Centre-forward Sid Wallace was born in Wigan, Lancashire (now Greater Manchester), England on May 30, 1957. Growing up in Lancashire where rugby is very popular, he first played that sport. Sid later switched to football and joined the Everton Football Club’s youth academy.

While playing for the Everton youth team Sid was invited to attend trials for the England national youth team during the 1974-1975 season. However, Sid broke his leg while playing in a youth game for Everton and struggled with the injury for the rest of the season.

To help Sid get back in form he was loaned out from Everton to League of Ireland team Waterford for the 1975-1976 season. Making his debut for Waterford in November 1975, he ended the season having scored seven league goals.

Sid joined Utah Golden Spikers of the American Soccer League in April 1976. Due to player unrest and administrative challenges, the franchise was sold and changed name to Utah Pioneers during the 1976 ASL season. During 14 games for the Spikers/Pioneers Sid scored 4 goals and had 2 assists, totalling 10 points.

After his spell in America he returned to Waterford. He finished the 1976-1977 season as the leading goalscorer in the League of Ireland with 16 goals.

In April 1977 Sid joined Windsor Stars in the Canadian National Soccer League. When Sid left Canada he was the leading goalscorer in the NSL.

Windsor Stars finished the 1977 season in fourth place in the 1977 NSL final standings.

In the 1977-1978 season Sid scored 18 league goals for Waterford. He finished third in the League of Ireland scoring list.

In the summer of 1978 he played for the Southern California Lazers in the American Soccer League. In 24 games for the Lazers Sid scored 14 goals and had 7 assists, totalling 35 points. Sid finished fourth in the 1978 ASL scoring list. After the season Sid was named to the 1978 American Soccer League All-Star team.

In the 1978-1979 season Sid scored 11 goals for Waterford.

Before the 1979 season he joined Cleveland Cobras of the American Soccer League.

Sid struggled with injuries in the 1979-1980 season and failed to score in any of Waterford’s league games. After the 1979-1980 season Sid returned to England and started to work in the construction business.