Momčilo Stojanovic was born on 26 January 1947 in Lapovo in the Serbian part of Yugoslavia. He started his soccer career with local club Morava Velika Plana.

From 1969 until 1973 he played for Radnički Kragujevac. After a short spell with Vardar Skopje Momčilo moved to Canada in 1974.

Momčilo started the 1974 National Soccer League season by scoring the game-winning goal in a 1-0 win over Polonia on April 23, 1974.

On Friday night June 7, 1974 Momčilo scored eight goals as the Serbian White Eagles dumped Kitchener Srbja in a NSL record 16-1 win.

Momčilo finished the 1974 season as the leading goalscorer in the 1974 NSL season with 54 goals and 12 assists.

In the 1975 National Soccer League season Momčilo scored 42 league goals and helped Serbian White Eagles secure a fourth place finish in the final standings of the NSL.

In March 1976 he joined North American Soccer League club Rochester Lancers. The Lancers renamed him Mike. He finished the 1976 NASL season scoring 17 goals and having seven assists. Making him the fourth highest goalscorer in the 1976 NASL season.

Mike finished the 1977 NASL season in fifth place among the leading goalscorers with 14 goals and five assists.

He was said to earn about $25,000 a year in the 1977 and 1978 seasons with Rochester Lancers.

Mike’s 1978 season was ruined when he chipped a bone in his leg on June 15 against Tulsa Roughnecks, and missed 14 league games.

In the 1979 NASL season he only scored 4 goals for the Lancers despite taking 90 shots during the NASL season. However, he did set a Rochester Lancers record with 13 assists.

He spent the winter of 1979-1980 playing for Hartford Hellions in the Major Indoor Soccer League.

The 6-1 and 175 lbs scored eleven goals and had six assists in the 1980 NASL season. After struggling with their finances the Lancers had to let Mike go to San Diego Sockers in February 1981.

Mike played in 32 league games (2026 minutes) for the San Diego Sockers in the 1981 NASL season and scored 23 league goals.

He started the 1981 NASL season with the Sockers, but was transferred to San Jose Earthquakes in June 1982.

On November 18, 1982 Mike was waived by the San Jose Earthquakes. He had a short spell with Hamilton Steelers in 1983.

Mike played in 18 international games for Canada from 1980 to 1981, including 15 international “A” games.

Mike was inducted into the Canadian Soccer Association Hall of Fame on June 6, 2009.

After battling with cancer Mike passed away on 18 November 2010 in Toronto, Ontario.