The cup was first played for in 1914. The purpose of the cup was to provide funds for local hospitals in Montreal.
The league covered Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Niagara Falls and Welland in the 1950’s.
The Hamilton & District League was for many decades one of the strongest leagues in Ontario.
The Provincial League was an Ontario-based league that operated in the 1920’s.
The Glebe Charity Cup was one of numerous cups contested for by the NSL teams in the 1920’s and 1930’s.
Winning the British Consols Trophy was symbolic of being Toronto & District champions.