The London Marconi soccer club was officially established in 1962. The parent club was the Marconi Club of London that had been established in 1900. The soccer club had ties back to the Italo Canadian team that won the London & District League Cup in 1960.
London Italia Marconi won the London & District League championship in 1964. They also won three cups that season.
In 1965 the Marconi club reached the Ontario finals of the Dominion Championship. In the Ontario final they lost to Oshawa Italia. They were London & District Soccer League champions in 1965, 1966, 1968 and 1969. In 1968 they reached the Ontario Cup semi-finals but were beaten by Toronto Royals.
London Italia Marconi were London & District Soccer League champions in 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 and 1980. They won the Ontario Cup in 1978.
In the early 1980’s the club built a soccer field at the Marconi club that was named Marconi Stadium. In 1983 Marconi replaced the London City franchise in the National Soccer League. They won the NSL league championship in 1985.
After the 1988 National Soccer League season the club decided to take a year’s leave of absence. However, they decided to return instead to local soccer and sold their NSL franchise rights to London City for $1.
London Marconi won the Ontario Cup in 2014 and 2015.
The soccer club is still in existence and the Marconi Club of London is located at 120 Clarke Road, London, Ontario.