Lyon Park is located at 301 York Road in Guelph, Ontario. The park was donated James Walker Lyon.
Soccer teams started to play matches in the park in the early 1920’s.
On Saturday afternoon November 23, 1925 the Taylor-Forbes soccer team won the championship of the Hamilton & District League, by beating Chipman-Holts 1-0 at Lyon Park.
In 1926 the City Council decided to construct a new enclosed soccer field in Guelph. The field would be located in one end of Lyon Park, near the the city waterworks property. In the end of April 1926 work started on the ground. It was to have a fenced in area of 360×240 feet and estimated cost was $2,000.
The ground was used by Guelph Taylor-Forbes when they played in the National Soccer League in the 1928 season.
Lyon Park was used in the 1930’s by the famous Lancashire Felt Football Club until they disbanded in 1937.
Lyon Park is still in use as a softball venue. It also has a mini soccer field.