ST. CATHARINES HEIDELBERG

Club Heidelberg was founded in St. Catharines, Ontario, in 1952. The club is located at 569 Lake Street, St. Catharines.

They later formed a soccer club that in the early 1960’s competed in the Ontario Cup.

In 1971 St. Catharines Heidelberg joined the semi-professional National Soccer League.

Canadian National Team player Jim Douglas starred for the club during the 1970’s.

Before the 1979 season the Heidelberg club was granted a one-year leave of absence from the NSL. However, they never returned to play in the league.